What is MNS Exam?
Indian Army conducts the B.Sc. Nursing entrance examination which annually grants admissions to female candidates who wish to pursue the 4 years B. Sc. Nursing course at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Service. The selected candidates will execute an agreement or bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years. Upon completion of nursing training of 4 years, the candidates will be granted a permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service. During their training process, aspirants will get free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance, and a monthly stipend as per existing terms and conditions.
Becoming a military nurse requires having a commitment to your country and having a passion for service. While many nurses face stressful conditions, Army nurses must be able to handle extremely stressful conditions and, at times, be able to work in hazardous environments. Leadership skills are also a must for Army nurses, as they are officers in the Army and must lead a command. The Army provides training to help nurses develop leadership skills as well.
Dates to Remember
- Form Filling and Submission- December
- Exam- February
- Only female candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to apply. They should have scored an aggregate of not less than 50 % marks in the final exams and should have passed the exam in the first attempt.
Mode of Selection
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
- Candidate born between 02 Aug 1981 and 03 Aug 1995 (both dates inclusive) are eligible to apply.
- Only eligible candidates will be called for a written test to be conducted during the first/Second week of Sep 2016. The written test of 100 marks will consist of objective type questions based on Nursing, English language and Gen intelligence. There is no negative marking. The OMR based evaluation of the answer sheets will be done at IHQ of MoD(Army) and the result of successful shortlisted candidates will be declared online on the army website with the instructions for interview by fourth week of Sep 2016. Confirmation of the result will be the individual responsibility of the candidates. This Office will not be responsible for informing the result individually.
Interview And Medical Examination
- A required number (not more than three times of vacancies) of shortlisted candidates of the written test, in the order of merit will be called for interview during the month of Oct 2016 at Delhi. Thereafter, only the candidates who have cleared the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination. The process of interview and medical examination may take 2-5 days. Arrangement for accommodation will be individual responsibility. Only the required number of shortlisted candidates (as per vacancy and merit) who are pronounced medically fit in all respect will be sent call letters to report to the various hospitals in Armed Forces. No correspondence/queries will be entertained. The decision of the Board for written test and interview will be final.
Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD. The candidates called for interview will be paid Sleeper class Railway fare from the place of residence to the place of interview/medical examination and back only on submission of the original tickets, as amended from time to time. The candidate called for interview, if found not in the possession of documents as per eligibility criteria, will be rendered ineligible to appear for the interview and the selection is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
||Availability of Forms
||Date of Examination
|I & II
The TA examination will be conducted in two phases:
- Law of motion & Work, Energy and Power.
- Properties of Matter.
- Current Electricity.
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current.
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics.
- Nuclear Physics.
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications.
- Synonyms / Homonyms.
- Spot the error.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Detecting Mis-spelt words.
- Idioms and phrases.
- One word substitutions.
- Shuffling the sentence parts.
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage.
- Cloze passage.
- Comprehension passage.
- Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Genetics and evolution.
- Human health and diseases.
- Plant physiology.
- Human physiology.
- Biotechnology and its applications.
- Biodiversity, ecology and environment.
- Atomic Structure.
- P ,d and f - Block Elements.
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry.
- Thermodynamics, Chemistry Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics.
- Isomerism in Organic Compound.
- Alcohols and Ethers.
- Carbonyl Compounds.
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives.
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Bio-molecules
- Number Series.
- Space Visualization.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Figure Classification.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Arithmetical Computation.
- Analytical Functions etc.
- General Knowledge.