If you love adventure & travelling then this career option is best for you. Merchant navy aimed to provide commercial services. Its purely a civilian job. People get confused Merchant Navy with Indian Navel Force. It gives opportunity to visit foreign countries & places by water or Ship ways.
- Qualification - 12th Passed with PCM for this job is must.
- Selection Process - The candidate has to go through screening, main examination, interview & medical examination to get final selection.
- Posts - Radio officer, Electrical officer, Nautical surveyer, Pilot of the ship, Vice Captain, Captain, Deck officer, Electro-Technical officer, Engineer, Cattering & Hospitality crew.
- 'Why Merchant Navy?
This is the biggest merit of Merchant Navy that an average student can also get selection.
- Course Duration - 6 months only
An engineering, mechanical or Diploma course's aspirant has to study for 3 to 5 yrs but in Merchant Navy a candidate complete his training in 6 months only.
The most lucrative advantage of this course is that you get free meal, Lodging, Paid leave, Bonus, Holiday's travelling facility & your family can also get additional facilities.
- Salary - Professionals related to the deck or engine department get Rs. 30,000 to Rs.40,000 starting salary.
- Whereas professionals of service department may earn Rs.15000 starting salary. With the increment in post & experience, a technical team member may earn Rs.15 to 20 Lakh Per Month.
- Age Limit - 17 to 20 years
Main Training Institutions
- Indian Maritime University, Chennai
- Hind Institute of Nautical Science & Engineering U.P.
- Indian Institute of Port Management, Kolkata.
- Telani Peritime Institute, Pune, Maharashtra
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri College of Advance Marine Time Students & Research, Mumbai